formerly Akeret haBayit in Training

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Patza

On Sunday I cooked while Mom was out and made some Matza lasagna, using the recipe from the best Matza book ever, Matza 101, as a basis. We didn't have ricotta or cottage cheese, so I just put more cheese. For the sauce I used a perfect quick and extremely easy spaghetti sauce recipe that we have been using for everything for years. I am not sure who created it, but it's the best. We've changed it quite alot, so it's kinda our secret recipe. Goodbye secretiveness!

16oz. Tomato Sauce
6oz. Tomato paste
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4tsp.Basil( dried/ fresh)
1/4tsp Oregano(dried/fresh)
1/4tsp Garlic for garlic lovers, 1/8 for non-garlic lovers (powdered/fresh)
1/4 tsp Soy Sauce(optional)
1/4 tsp Sugar

I have been making this sauce for so long, and we put however much we want of each ingredient. It's a great recipe to change up to suit your family's taste. You can even add other things . I do not use the measurements anymore, I just eye it and taste. You might want to add water to it, or not. Depends on how thick you like it.

Today I had to make dinner unexpectedly, so I just used the same sauce recipe again and made Patza, pizza made with matza. It was so delicious. Of course pizza is always so much fun to make with others, especially little ones, and patza is pretty much the same. Since you're using matza, its less messy and much quicker of course. The sauce softens the matza up, so don't put too much or it'll be mushy. It'll take experience to find how you like the matza to be..softer or crunchier. Have fun !





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your presence. Feel free to share your opinions and perspectives in good spirit! :)