formerly Akeret haBayit in Training

Monday, April 27, 2009

Parashah -Acharei Mot-K'doshim(Lev.16-21)

For me, every Parashah portion has a message for me each week. In K'doshim, it begins with
"You people are to be holy because I, the L-rd your G-D, am holy."
And this is to be taken seriously. He goes on to say in the next verse, verse two-
"Everyone of you is to revere his father and mother,and you are to keep my Shabbats; I am the L-rd your G-D."
Wow. How you treat your parents is right up there with being holy, for He is holy. In verse 32 of chapter 19 He says-
"Stand up in the presence of a person with gray hair; show respect for the old; you are to fear you G-d; I am the L-rd."
Here we are, wondering why we should respect our parents , and it's mentioned in this weeks Parashah. I'm telling you, a message each week:)
Also in this Parashah, which is about holiness, our Father mentions refraining from these things-
Tattoos
Fortune Telling
A verse concerning peyot(verse 27)
and a verse concerning the mixing of breeds, such as they do with horses with donkeys to make a mule

Well, that's all folks. I hope you read it and see what message HaShem has for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your presence. Feel free to share your opinions and perspectives in good spirit! :)