formerly Akeret haBayit in Training

Monday, December 7, 2009

A Young Maiden's Daybook!

Today… Monday, December 7/Kislev 20, 2009

Outside my window… Bare trees, some snow on the ground, the clear water of the creek, the rocks leading down to it, and the winter sky.

I am thinking… about how good G-d is to me, how I want to do a series on 1Cor.13:2-8, and how tired and ill I feel.

I am thankful for… HaShem, the change of seasons, my computer, and my bed.

I am wearing… a long black skirt with triangular pieces of fabric that swirl and give it a Spanish look, a short sleeve v neck red shirt, with a black long sleeve round neck undershirt.

I am reading… a wonderful book called, " More Love to Thee: the Life and Letters of Elizabeth Prentiss", the Bible.

I am creating… this post, a personal collage for my wall(more on that in another post), and a Hanukah party.

One of my favorite things… one! Well, letters !(more on that in that other post I mentioned previously ;)

For education this week…I am doing cyber charter school, so whatever they have planned. Also, I will be studying the parshah portion.

A keeper at home skill I am using/learning … organization.

A spiritual lesson I’m learning… to stay close to Him, and be consistent in prayer.

A godly character trait I plan to work on… love, as defined in 1Cor.13:4-8

Scripture I am memorizing
"Love is patient and kind, not jealous, not boastful,
not proud, rude or selfish, not easily angered,
and it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not gloat over other people's sins
but it takes delight in the truth.
Love always bears up, always trusts,
always hopes, always endures.
Love never ends; but prophecies will pass,
tongues will cease, knowledge will pass."
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

I am praying for…my relationship with my brother, my mothers health, and for G-d to help me!

For the rest of the week… I will be shopping Friday morning for stuff for the Hanukah party, and Saturday night for presents for my family! It's a secret what I'm buying them, so ssshhhhh.... I will also be practicing a parody I created on piano.

A picture I’d like to share
Two Girls at Piano- AllPosters.com



1 comment:

  1. Hi, saw your link at Firmly Fixed on the father & just wanted to let you know that you have a lovely blog = )
    Blessings,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your presence. Feel free to share your opinions and perspectives in good spirit! :)