formerly Akeret haBayit in Training

Monday, April 26, 2010

A Young Maiden's Daybook April 26


Today… Monday, April 26, 2010. Iyar 11, 5770
Outside my window…
Dark, rainy, cold.
I am thinking…
about the new Masterpiece version of Anne Frank. I am going to post about it on my literary blog, but I was just thinking- they hid there for 2 years, just for every single one of them (except her father) to die in a concentration camp. I was also thinking- what makes us so special that we think it cannot happen to us? That we cannot be persecuted, our friends and family members killed. That one day everything can be normal, but the next the world is falling apart.
I am thankful that…
the above is not happening.

I am wearing…
My extra long turquoise skirt, with my gray striped sweater shirt. I love this because it is button up front, and has a low squared neck, which allows me to lighten it up with a white undershirt. it is close on the top, but flows from above the waist down.
I am reading…
Nothing, except The Christian's Secret to a Happy Life. PSSA's are to selfish to let me do anything else involving the improvement of the mind ;)
I am creating…
Such hard questions!....
One of my favorite things…
Photographs. I have probably said this before, but I don't remember.

For education this week…
My last PSSA!!! Then the last four weeks of school! Its so awesome :D
A keeper at home skill I want to learn …
Menu planning

A spiritual lesson I’m learning…
To put G-D first -basically, diligence.
A godly character trait I plan to work on…
Humility-basically, not judging and assuming.
Scripture I am meditating on…
May the words of my mouth and the thought of my heart be acceptable in Your presence, Adonai, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14
I am praying for…
Myself. I need it. And, so many other things. I don't necessarily always pray for things when I am doing my prayers, mostly it's just that I meditate on it in  my heart, and pray silently.

For the rest of the week…
Some posts I have to do, some movie making, PSSA, studies, photo editing. I hope some unexpected good things, but if not, that's ok.
A picture I’d like to share…

1 comment:

  1. hello there Katherine!

    I am having trouble commenting on 'Sisters of Pemberly' here is the comment I meant to post on top most post:
    oooooh!!!!! What will happen? My, my I am enthusiastically awaiting the next piece! :D OOH! I think I shall just die with anxiousness! :)

    Do you think you could do commenting this way with a new window for 'Sisters of Pemberly' I tried and tried but it is SO hard to comment, the word vertification wont load all the way down! :(

    Nice Daybook post!
    Blessings,
    Meggie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your presence. Feel free to share your opinions and perspectives in good spirit! :)