formerly Akeret haBayit in Training

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Observations on Becoming~October 31




I think that we can all agree it's a good idea if I just post my observations on becoming any day of the week, as long as I do so once  a week. :)But anyway, here I am! I love saying that because it reflects how no matter what we go through, how we change, how life changes and what it brings us, there are places we come back to.

I would like to share some photos of my new diary, given to me by a friend. She made it especially for me and put my own meaningful words on the front and back. Isn't it beautiful?  The front has a quote that I made, which I've shared with you before: "Life should not be measured by it's length, but by the height of the mountains and the depth of the valleys."

The back has what I thought the girl's eyes were saying: "Do random things like create yourself,your art,your world,and love."



So something I was thinking about last week was-sometimes we do miss out on excellent opportunities and exciting amazing experiences but there's always another one coming along somewhere. I'm still waiting for my "coming along" but maybe its in the little things :)

Another thing that I've been meditating on is how I want HaShem to be my focus.We're never going to be perfect but I wish there woul dbe that push of positive change. I just really want more goodness and more HaShem in my life. I'm going to start looking for Him in the crooks, crannies-in the stroke of the brush and the big pictures. I want to infuse myself with Him so others will feel ut. I want to be in His will every second. I want Him to be crystal clear and as sharp. And I don't need to do everything perfectly or live everything in some orderly formulated way for that. But there are some things that make me feel closer and more centered (like praying and reading the Bible, not giving in to my sinful nature, etc), and of course there are rules to be followed to stay moving forward in that place.

My time is up here- indeed I have a lot to tend to today. So I hope you all have a blessed week!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful roses... and that's so cool that your friend made you a personalized journal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful art! That last paragraph was especially relevant to me :)
    Have a blessed week! And don't worry about how soon your letter gets to me, it's no hurry, just take as much time as you need :)
    LocaChica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice new diary! It must be extra special since it was made by a friend! Looks really cool! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your presence. Feel free to share your opinions and perspectives in good spirit! :)