formerly Akeret haBayit in Training

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

".....Hamotzi lechem min ha'aretz"



Before we eat bread, we say the blessing-
"Baruch Atah Adonai Eloheinu Melech Ha'olam hamotzi lechem min ha'aretz.Amen."
Blessed are you, O L-rd our G-d, King of the universe, who brings forth bread from the earth.

This is one of the most beautiful blessings, I think. I love the part-"who brings forth bread from the earth", which is the title of this post. Saying the blessings before eating is important, and meaningful. Acknowledging HaShem ,even in the act of eating, which is usually a mindless thing, especially in America.But we must also beware of allowing the blessings to become a mindless thing. Hopefully this hits the heart of home...
My wonderful lover of lavender Mother made this bread. It has cinnamon and honey rolled gently into it to create a good breakfast bread.
Heavenly. Beautiful. Bliss.







3 comments:

  1. Wow! Would you mind sending me the recipe for that bread? It looks delicious!! Is it a form of challah? I am currently the challah bread maker of the family, and would love to try some variations. :)

    Serenity
    miss.serenity@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll ask my mom for the recipe. It isn't our Challah, though.I am the Challah maker in the family, too! I'll be sure to get you that recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your presence. Feel free to share your opinions and perspectives in good spirit! :)