formerly Akeret haBayit in Training

Monday, February 22, 2010

A Young Maiden's Daybook Feb.22



Today… Monday, February 22, 2010 / Adar 8 5770

Outside my window… Gray skies, melting snow

I am thinking… that I hate dogs. Really. Ok, maybe not really, but right no, I pretty much dislike them. THye stink, they are high maitenance, they are hogs, they are stinky, they are big, they are clumsy....Dear future husband, if you ever bring home a puppy- lets just say- stick to kittens. ;)

I am thankful … that I heard a bird sing the song of spring this morning.

I am wearing… my favorite and only long yellow skirt, and a black shirt. 

I am reading… I Thought it was just Me (but it isn't): Telling the Truth about Perfectionism, Inadequacy and Power- by Brene Brown
 I am creating… AHHH!!!! This question always reminds me of my neglected collage. ;)

One of my favorite things… Iced tea with lemon (nothing like this to bring up your congestion)

For education this week… Well, besides the usual, aa reasearch paper I am writing on Emil Dickinson is due Wednesday.

A keeper at home skill I am using/learning … To go to bed EARLY....

A spiritual lesson I’m learning… to TRUST G-d

A godly character trait I plan to work on… less me, more of others. This is SO hard.

Scripture I am meditating… A verse in Romans that says, "do not let love be a mere outward show". I used to have it memorized because it was on my former collage, but when I took that down...

I am praying for… healing in our family

For the rest of the week… Prep for Purim.

A picture I’d like to share…
You can see more Young Maiden's Daybooks here!

2 comments:

  1. Yellow skirt?! I soo want one! I'd love a bright yellow skirt, so eccentric and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I would have never thought so, but my aunt picked it out and gave it to me, and I love it ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your presence. Feel free to share your opinions and perspectives in good spirit! :)