formerly Akeret haBayit in Training

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday:Characters That I'd Name My Children After

From Evernote:

Top Ten Tuesday:Characters That I'd Name My Children After

Clipped from: http://www.brokeandbookish.blogspot.com/

"Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers' answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on our post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. If you can't come up with ten, don't worry about it---post as many as you can!"

I'm excited to be doing a meme again!! Especially this week's- Top Ten Characters (and Literary Figures) That I'd Name My Children After :) I'll be changing it to That I'd Name My Children or an Animal After. :P

1.Emma (Emma by Jane Austen): I've been drawn to this name for as long as I can rightly remember, and I cannot tell you why. I just find it so lovely in a simple way..
2.Anne (Anne of Green Gables by L.M Montgomery): I absolutely LOVE the name Anne (with an e ;)!! I have the same excuse as I do as to why I like the name Emma, but I must add that it of course reminds me of Anne Shirley  and she is such a fascinating character. :)
3. Charles Dickens: because I love this name and it just won't leave me alone. No, its not for a child, but for a future cat I hope to own. :) 
4. Louisa May Alcott: I don't like the name Louisa, but I am very fond of the combination May Alcott. I don't know if I'll name a child May, but I do want to name an animal Alcott. Preferably a cat...they just seem so much more...literary...:P
5.Lemony Snicket: For those of you who frequent my blog or know me, you probably saw that coming, or its no surprise. Besides adoring A Series of Unfortunate Events, I also adore this alias because its so original and catchy. Two things I love in names. :) 
This would be for a cat, once again. Oh dear, I'm afraid I'm giving the impression of becoming a cat lady. :p
6.Oscar Wilde: Another original and catchy name, its endeared to me by the many witty or otherwise known as sarcastic quotes of his. I have yet to read one of his works, but I soon shall. :)
7.Adelaide: I might name my child this..or perhaps keep it as an optional middle name..I'm not sure. But I do know that I like this name very much. Its lady like, youthful, and original. 
8.Dumbledore(Harry Potter): Again for a cat. Gosh, I just can't help it!!! There aren't a lot of literary names out there that I'd name my children after. And I don't see myself owning any animal except for a cat so...

And now that I've come so far and so close to bed time (in fact a few minutes past), my mind has drawn a blank for names. And it doesn't help that I'm only coming up with ones for cats :p  Hope to post again soon! 

2 comments:

  1. Aww I wanna get you a cat just so you can name it Dumbledore. :D I was gonna use Anne but decided I didn't really like the name I just loved the Character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemony Snicket and Oscar Wilde would be FABULOUS cat names! I'm all for them! My last kitteh was named John Stapleton from a short story I found in the New Yorker

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your presence. Feel free to share your opinions and perspectives in good spirit! :)