formerly Akeret haBayit in Training

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Rosh HaShana

L'Shana Tovah everyone!

Monday at sunset begins the Jewish/Biblical new year, called Rosh HaShana(head of the year).We go to shul ,light candles,say prayers, blow the shofar, eat apples dipped in honey, do tashlich, and get our lives straight and our hearts pure.

This past year has been such an amazing one.So many things have happened, and my family has changed and grown so much, in many ways not so obvious. I have changed alot,but I am still in a process of growing and maturing. I haven't yet written my goals for this year,and I don't yet know what they are.
Rosh Hashana is really a time of rejoicing, yet soberness, because this is the time when we are written in Book of Life for another year, and a time to repent and turn back to Torah,to Hashem, and to renew ourselves in Yeshua. I am really excited about this new year. What does it hold? How can I further please Hashem this year?. I try to keep my focus on Abba, putting all distractions aside. May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart find favor before you ,Hashem, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Shalu shalom Yerushalayim(pray for the peace of Jerusalem),
Emmuna

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your presence. Feel free to share your opinions and perspectives in good spirit! :)