formerly Akeret haBayit in Training

Monday, January 25, 2010

A Young Maiden's Daybook Jan.25


Today… Monday, January 25, 2010 / Shevat 10, 5770

Outside my window… The sky is magnificent right now- a brilliant blue, sharp against the dark grey and white clouds that are scarce at one moment, then begin to fill the sky.The sun is out.I wish it was as warm as it looks, and that there were leaves on the trees-no , not even. I wish that it was as warm as it looks, so that I could go down across the creek and just lay on the ground and watch the sky. Ah, that's one of the impossible things. If you read my post yesterday, you'll know that I only got to list 5 desires. My sixth desire would be to live close to nature,to be like one with it-to be able to take walks in fields, climb trees, be on a boat in the middle of a lake, feel the breeze through my hair, stick my feet in the cool, natural water- It won't end, so I'll stop here.

I am thinking… That it seems like I am complaining- its not often that I truly think about what I truly want-or what I want at all.Also, that this has been the WORST (physically) weekend that I've had in a long time. And that right now, my back is killing me. I want to share what I was thinking before- you know when you plan to do something, and a small but significant thing happens to you or that affects you, that prevents you doing that thing? I used to be frustrated- but I think I've learned that even that happens for a reason, and if I just go with it, I'll be more stress free. you should try it- its partly about trusting G-D, and partly about letting go.

I am thankful for… I am thankful for my mother, and that she thought of me and bought me a bed cushion, because my bed was basically springs with a thin layer of fabric. Now it is much more comfortable. Thank you Mom! Thank you Dad! Toda HaShem! (thank you G-D)

I am wearing… My blue sweatpants, my pajama shirt, my yellow sweater, and a messy bed head.

I am reading… This weekend i was too sick to read anything except The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens, because I knew they'd make me laugh.

I am creating… That last thing I created was a schedule for today.

One of my favorite things… The 2006 adaptation of Jane Eyre.

For education this week… I will have to catch up on my studies, since I've been sick, and Semester B has begun. I did well on my exams, except Algebra was a little low, but I know that I did my best. Also , I will begin practicing my piano again because I miss it, and I am going to teach my brother.

A keeper at home skill I am using/learning … Well, I haven't been doing anything, but I have been taking an Elderberry tincture/syrup that my mother made, and I learned that she added honey to sweeten it, and - well, just read about it at her herbal blog, The King's Wise Woman.

A spiritual lesson I’m learning… Not to think of myself so much? *cough cough*

A godly character trait I plan to work on… selflessness. *clears throat*

Scripture I am meditating… I haven't had scripture in my head, but I have had worship songs, so its kind of the same thing.

I am praying for… My uncle- he just had surgery-he's doing fine, but please pray for fast healing.

For the rest of the week…
Tomorrow, studies, and perhaps a visit to my uncle.
Wednesday- an AWESOME day, b'ezrat HaShem, with a friend.
Thursday- My brother's BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! He will be featured here- check out his blog- link on sidebar.
Friday- studies and Shabbat prep and entering.

A picture I’d like to share…
I didn't have a picture to share, so here's a little slideshow of one of my sets on Flickr.



Leave me comments, I LOVE them! Talk to you all later! Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Awe...get well girlie! Enjoy your maidenly day. :) Make sure to take the soothing remedy of chicken soup and Vitamin C!

    Serenity :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be frustrated- but I think I've learned that even that happens for a reason, and if I just go with it, I'll be more stress free. you should try it- its partly about trusting G-D, and partly about letting go. -WOW! I needed that today, because today has just been one of those really rough days for me! I need to let go, too :)
    LocaChica
    P.S I'm anxiously awaiting that letter!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your presence. Feel free to share your opinions and perspectives in good spirit! :)