formerly Akeret haBayit in Training

Monday, September 20, 2010

"The Next Girl"

Who is "The next girl"? People, especially on television, say- "I love___ as much as the next girl" or "I'm as _______ as the next girl". I wish there weren't those expectations and stereotypes and boxes to be fit into. I hope one day the phrase "the next girl" won't exist because everyone will know that the next girl is an individual with a different personality and likes and dislikes. Everyone will know that just because something is popular or expected, doesn't mean everyone is actually doing it, or has to.

I'm not the next girl, and never will be. And I'm not going to be ashamed that I'm not. I'm not going to feel out of place or left out cause I'm not the next girl. And I'm not going to stretch myself to be the before girl either. I don't have to be something I'm not to be something I'm..not. :)
Just be Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your presence. Feel free to share your opinions and perspectives in good spirit! :)