formerly Akeret haBayit in Training

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Top Ten Five Tuesday:Movie Adaptations (late)


"Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!"

I'm only doing 5 because of time and brain space. :p

  1. Jane Eyre: The 2006 movie adaptation is absolutely wonderful. Period. Ok, yeah, maybe it isn't completely accurate, but it is completely...AWESOME! :P Here's my review...
  2. Sense and Sensibility: The 1990 something and 2008 adaptations(my review) are both wonderful, though I have a soft spot for the 1990something version with Emma Thompson, Hugh Grant, Kate Winslet, and other great actors. :) The book is my favorite of Austen's, and so I treasure the movies too. 
  3. Pride and Prejudice: Of course, of maybe not so of course for some people, I'm talking about the 1995 adaptation with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth. Though its a long movie (TV series actually) it is just so...indescribably wonderful. I think it reallly conveys the Austen spirit. 
  4. A Series of Unfortunate Events: Is it just me or does Lemony Snicket sneak his way into all of my top tens? :p The movie adaptation with Jim Carrey is absolute brilliance-the only thing I could wish for is that they would've done the whole series....
  5. Emma: Both recent movie adaptations- 1990something with Gwyneth Paltrow and the 2009 one(my review) with Romola Garai are both fantabulous. Both bring something new and different and yet without losing any of the classic Austen or Emma. 
There's my top 5-agree or disagree?

1 comment:

  1. :D Agree with 3,4, and 5. I like the 2008 S&S best even though I love all of the actors/actresses in the 1990 version I was just enthralled with the 2008 one. I like the 1996 Jane Eyre, I couldn't get through the 2006 one. Great picks though...(pout) wished you'd done more though.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your presence. Feel free to share your opinions and perspectives in good spirit! :)