formerly Akeret haBayit in Training

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday:Dynamic Duos!

From Evernote:

Top Ten Tuesday:Dynamic Duos!

An awesome weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish . Check out her list and the lists of other link ups-which I hope you'll choose to be one of! Or at least check them out :)
I woul dlove to add images but as the way I post can't handle that, I'll just do with words :) I don't wanna put this off...here we go!

  1. Anne and Diana:Anne of Green Gables Series- When I first read the series (over a few years time, and after first watching the movie), I wanted a bosom friend so badly. One to tramp outside with, one to share secrets with, one to hold hands with, one to relate with. I'd never had one, you see, and therefore Anne and Diana stood in my memory so preciously. They still do-even more so now that I do have a bosom friend. Yes, I'm a late bloomer when it comes to this, but Anne felt that she was too, so I'm not alone :) Anne and Diana are the perfect match- Anne being spontaneous, imaginative, passionate, and bold. Diana's sweet, calm, and relaxed nature contrasts with Anne's but I think it also complements it. Some characters are living in other's shadows, but they are nonetheless irreplaceable. Who can imagine Anne without Diana? No one but Josie Pie I suspect....
  2. Emma Woodhouse and George Knightley:Emma by Jane Austen- I saw many people chose the Pride and Prejudice couple, Elizabeth and Mr.Darcy, but I thought that Emma and Mr.Knightely were really a duo because they worked together for the peace and happiness of their loved ones, even in their union. They fought, they made up, they danced, they didn't dance, they were friends before lovers and like I said united in their efforts. :) 
  3. Tommy and Tuppence Beresford: The T&T Series by Agatha Christie- A friend introduced me to this dynamic duo and I've loved them ever since. I've only read the first two books in the series, but that same dear friend recently lent me the rest to read. I'm so excited because, though mysteries aren't really one of my genres, this couple really intrigues me and so does their detective work. :) Tommy and Tuppence are such a casual, chummy duo that you can't resist them. At least I can't...see I'm hardly saying anything specific or sensible here...too enamored.. :p 
  4. Holmes and Watson:The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle- I haven't actually read any of Doyle's works but I've read much about them and seen the recent movie adaptation so I'm quite fond of what I know of them and absolutely love the dynamic duo they make. :) I think they balance each other out well..but I'm an inexperienced judge so I shall stop here and only say I will endeavor to read some Doyle so I can better judge. If you shall judge me for not making statements without knowledge, *ahem* my site my right and I shall try to be more educated in future...
  5. Rose and Alexander Campbell:Eight Cousins and Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott- I'm in the process of re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re- reading these two books and in perfect time to declare them a fabulous duo. I envy Rose that she has such an uncle-who's friend, father, elder brother, sometimes mother, and uncle all in one. They get along soo well and their companionship is so lovely yet not overdone. 
  6. Josephine March and Theodore Laurence:Little Women Series by Louisa May Alcott- What chums. What pals. What buddies. Though their relationship changes over time, they continue to preserve a bond that cannot be broken. Their connection was obvious from the beginning and proves that perhaps, in a perfect world, a boy and a girl can be friends, one of them take it too far, get over it, marry the other's sister, and still stay great friends. :p 
  7. Stanley Yelnats and Zero: Holes by Louis Sachar- The touching friendship that this duo displayed in their troubles was..touching :p 
  8. Gertrude Flint and William Sullivan:The Lamplighter by Maria Cummins- Another couple that started out as  friends for years and grew to something deeper. Much like Emma and Mr.Knightley, they worked, hurt, grew, and loved together. One of the most pleasing and dynamic duos out there. :)
  9. Mr.Pickwick, Mr.Tupman, Mr.Winkle,and Mr.Snodgrass:The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens- I thought I wouldn't fall into what some people did (listing a duo that wasn't actually a duo), but if you divide this one in half there'd be two duos, which is highly suitable because I don't have a 10th duo. THIS.DOUBLE.DUO.IS.AWESOME. To the point of indescribableness... Ah yes, that's a word. Seriously, I don't have words for the awesomeness that is the Pickwinians. Mr.Pickwicks genuine ingenuity, Mr.Tupmans romantic heart, Mr.Winkles prideful yet comical character, and Mr.Snodgrass's peculiar soberness blend together so perfectly I can rightly pronounce Dickens-a GENIUS. :) 

2 comments:

  1. Why is there a dislike option? What cruel person would click it? :P Love Emma and Knightley and Stanley and Zero two duo's I was gonna put on my list. :D

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your presence. Feel free to share your opinions and perspectives in good spirit! :)